Learn and Discover
New England Wild Flower Society has one of the largest programs in native plant education in the country. We offer hundreds of programs for children and adults, throughout New England, all year long. Join us as we explore hotspots of plant diversity, learn about field botany, gardening, native plants, and horticulture, and travel to botanically rich areas around the world.
From amateur botanists and gardeners to green industry professionals and conservation managers, our certificate programs in Native Plant Studies offer students a chance to add breadth and depth to their existing knowledge, or to advance their careers.
We work with schools to help students and teachers learn about plants through creative, hands-on programs. Our user-friendly, interactive web application, Go Botany, enables everyone from beginners to professionals to discover and identify thousands of New England plant species. We also provide guided educational tours by foot or by cart for adults and children at Garden in the Woods. Come explore and study the fascinating world of native plants with us!
Weekend Gardening Series
Selected Saturdays, 2-3 p.m.
- Choosing the Right Plant - The right plant for the right place
- Planting - Essential tips for plant establishment
- Pruning - Cut the mystery out of pruning
- Composting - Strategies for composting with ease
- Managing Invasive Plants - Stop invasives in their tracks
- Managing Insects and Diseases - Protect your plants without pesticides