Learn About Native Plants
Education at the intersection of conservation and horticulture
New England Wild Flower Society has one of the largest programs in native plant education in the country. We offer hundreds of courses, workshops, lectures, and field trips each year in which you can learn about native plants, explore hotspots of plant diversity, be inspired by gardens, and design your own landscapes. We also lead fascinating trips to botanically rich areas around the world.
Our professional Certificate Program offers basic and advanced certificates in Field Botany or Native Plant Horticulture and Design, appropriate for all lifelong learners. Graduates apply their knowledge and skills to fields ranging from conservation to landscape design, management, and planning.
Throughout the New England region, we work with schools to help students and teachers learn about plants through creative, hands-on programs. Our user-friendly, interactive web application, Go Botany, enables everyone from beginners to professionals to discover and identify thousands of plant species in the New England flora. At Garden in the Woods, we provide educational walking and cart tours for thousands of adults and children.
Come explore and study the fascinating world of native plants. Whether you are interested in conservation and restoration of natural areas or in creating beautiful and diverse habitats for your home garden, we welcome you to a distinctive learning community—the thousands of people across our region advancing and sharing their knowledge of New England's precious native flora.Our programs are for everyone:
- We offer adult classes for beginners, amateur botanists, gardeners, teachers, landowners, and green industry professionals, as well as workshops and field trips throughout New England.
- Our Certificate in Native Plant Studies Program offers intensive study for dedicated students.
- Family and children's programs provide exciting hands-on activities at Garden in the Woods. Engage with nature!
- Contact the Registrar for recommendations to fit your interests.
- Members receive a discount on most course fees.